The Basics of Property & Casualty Insurance

Generally, property and casualty (P&C) policies are designed to pay for part of (and in some cases, all of) the cost legally incurred to you in the event of an accident and/or loss or damage of property. As the name suggests, there are 2 main components to P&C insurance.

Property. Property insurance covers, well, your property. Your property is something you own such as your car or home. Property insurance covers damage to and/or loss of your property. This can be due to things like weather, vandalism, or fire.

Casualty. Casualty insurance provides coverage in the event that you are found to be legally liable for damages to another person’s property or injuries to another person. This is the liability portion of coverage.

We work with the following examples of P&C policies:

  • Auto and Specialty Auto
  • Motorcycle
  • Boat
  • RV
  • Homowners/Condo
  • Renters
  • Umbrella Liability
  • Pet
  • Liability
  • Worker’s Compensation 
  • Cyber Liability
  • Auto 
  • Errors and Omissions (E&O)
  • Business Owners